Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Inside Outed



If you ever want to see
Just how much you mean to me
Take a ride within my mind
I'll show you how your love feels kind
Discover all I want to be
And see my vast transparency
Take notice of what you walk by
You'll see how my life's strange - and why
While strolling through my corridors
You'll see my pride there on the floor
'Cause long ago I dropped it there
Assuming someone really cared
When gazing at my sordid past
You'll find that nothing ever lasts
No friendship, laughter, love or smile
Lasts longer than a little while
You spot a room where trust is stored
Investigate beyond its doors
The little boy that's cries out loud
Feels broken promises they vowed
But walking past my memories
You’ll find a time when I felt free
Not shackled by my losses great
No bruises from the ones that hate
And then there's places deep inside
Where thoughts of love - they cannot hide
You'll wander past them then you'll see
Just take some time, and take in me
A shining light now guides you close
To where my joy resides the most
You turn the corner with wide eyes
You see yourself to your surprise
You represent the joy I've had
Start playing with times I was glad
You’ll skip along just having fun
But don't think it's a sadder time
Just know that someday -- YOU'LL BE MINE

1 comment: